Thursday, September 8, 2011

One Step Closer

I spent the better part of the day today running around doing paperwork.  It is harder than one might think to find somebody to sign a piece of paper, by the way!  But I am happy to announce that one very kind county assessor took pity on me (or maybe just wanted me to stop crying . . .) but he finally signed my form.  Not only signed it, but walked three blocks with me to the nearest bank to sign it in the presence of a notary!  


Yes, I actually did start to cry.  How embarrassing!  This was after being told a big fat NO about ten times over the past two weeks.  Absolutely NOBODY would sign this form, and I guess I just started to feel like I was failing my son, and what if he can't come home because I can't get this one form signed?  And I had to pick right then, in front of the county assessor, to tear up?  Wow.  But anyway.  Enough confession time.  Due to the kindness of one awesome county assessor who gave up most of his lunch hour for us, we have one more important piece of our dossier paperwork now!  We are one step closer!  


And stay tuned.  A very big announcement . . . coming soon . . . very soon, I hope!



1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh, I remember that. Interestingly enough, it was the same piece of paper that made me cry. The good news is that is the very hardest. After that, everything seemed easier.

Laura