Friday, September 30, 2011

Thank you, Congressman Norm Dicks!


I have never before contacted a Congressman.  I've never had any need to until now.  Well, I contacted our Congressman, Norm Dicks, just days ago and asked him if he could help us to convince the USCIS to expedite the processing of our paperwork.  I heard back from him a couple of days ago and he said it would be helpful to get more information.  So I told him everything that he asked for.  Well, this morning I received the BEST phone call!  A VERY NICE officer at the USCIS called to tell me that our fingerprint appointment letter is IN THE MAIL!  She said that our very wonderful Congressman's contact caused them to move our file to the top of the stack!  I am just SO HAPPY right now!  Finally it feels like something is going right!  

PLEASE PRAY that when we walk in next week, they will agree to process our fingerprints that day!  Our appointment is October 24th, and we really are hoping to get this done much sooner than that.  For those of you not familiar with the adoption world, it is very common to walk in early, and most families have success getting fingerprinted the day they walk in.  Most, but NOT ALL.  Sometimes families are turned away and told to come back on their appointment date.  So we would really appreciate extra prayers about this. 


We have been feeling some major stress about making the deadline, and suddenly today I feel like the sun has popped out from behind the clouds!  I was really not expecting the Congressman to actually help, and I am so grateful to him for taking the time to make this happen for our boys!  


So here's my to-do list for today:
Praise the Lord!
Do a happy dance!
Homeschool with my kids
Start a pot of soup
Bake some bread
Make some yogurt
Print out more dossier documents
Meet Derek at the bank to have the documents notarized
Fax the documents to our state-side helper for approval
Get everything ready for Isaac's birthday party (October 2nd my boy turns nine!)
Set up for tomorrow's garage sale


I think that ought to keep me busy until about midnight!  (We have a huge heap of stuff to organize on a few very small tables for the garage sale . . . not sure where I'm going to put all that stuff!)  But nothing can ruin my good mood today!  We are going to get our boys VERY SOON!  Woo hoo!







5 comments:

Laura said...

A little bit of kindness, a little bit of good news, makes the whole week better, huh? So glad for your good news! I'd love to see your newest little ones home by Christmas!

Holly said...

Glad that you got some awesome news! I can't wait for you to leave and go get them!!!

Sarah said...

So awesome he was soo helpful!!! :) You guys are getting SOO close your kiddos! ♥

Sarah
www.matthew18vs14.blogspot.com

Tyler and Ruth said...

That is awesome! Did you call the Congressman or email or send a paper letter? I am reading this post as I just sat down to write a letter to our Congressman! If you wrote a letter, would you mind if I read it? I'm not sure what to say...

So when did you get everything submitted to USCIS? It sounds like we are just a little bit behind you guys, and I am definitely stressing about the deadline. We are going to forward our home study to them this week.

Congratulations!

Ruth
tademas@gmail.com

Jesse said...

Congratulations Evensen Family!

As an adoptive parent myself, I'm very excited to see your adoption move closer to completion.

We brought our son Joseph home from Ethiopia 2.5 years ago and it's been an amazing journey for us all! Needless to say, he was meant to be a part of our family.

Thank you for reaching out to be a blessing to a child. The greater reward is yours.

Jesse L. Young