Sunday, January 15, 2012

Heading Home for a Bit

We received word that our court date will most likely be at least two more weeks out, possibly longer, so we decided to head back home for a little while to wait for progress to be made.  Derek can't afford to miss any more work right now, and our other kids back home have really been needing things to get back to normal.  


Our last visit with the boys was hard.  I felt awful, knowing that I would have to leave them.  They seemed so much more comfortable and relaxed with us, and so happy, and I wonder what they will think when we stop coming to visit.  I was reassured that the nannies will explain to them that we will come back soon.  I sure hope so.  I am going to miss them so much.  


We traveled from Wednesday through Friday, on zero sleep, and finally made it home Friday afternoon (about midnight according to our finally-adjusted internal clocks, but middle of the afternoon according to our kids, who were so sweet and full of joy to see us again!  The big five-minute family hug in the airport?  Awww.  Pure heaven!  We sort of managed to stay awake the rest of the day, because we didn't want to miss a moment of soaking in our kids' wonderfulness.  


It is so good to be home again!  And Derek is looking forward to getting back to work.  Apparently, the life of leisure is not a good fit for him!  He is so ready to be busy again.  


So we are just waiting for word that our paperwork has been processed and that we have been assigned a court date.  And I sure hope that it comes soon.  Because on the other side of this wall, in an institution, two little boys are waiting.  Waiting to see if their new mama and papa are really going to come back for them.  


3 comments:

Julia said...

Welcome home. I'm so glad that the wall in the picture is not a reflection of the institute inside. IF I didn't know better I would have thought you were at Aaron's old institute.

Holly said...

You will be back before you know it hun!! Call me once everything calms down and you have a spare minute! I have news to share with you and I would love to hear how the trip went!!

Nealy said...

Awww. I love your posts and I'll be praying for you and your husband to stay rested and healthy in-between trips - so hard on one's body. Will be praying for you as you wait and as you travel again - no snags, no hang-ups, no delays - only two sweet boys on their way home to their new siblings! YEA!!