TOP TEN REASONS WHY WE ARE ADOPTING:
1. We have extra bedrooms in our house, extra seats at the table, extra seatbelts in the SUV, and extra room in our hearts.
2. I have known since I was a girl that I was going to adopt.
3. The Lord has put a special love for kids with special needs on my heart.
4. Kids with special needs are imprisoned in mental institutions. Deemed defective. Unwanted. Unworthy. They are waiting for somebody to SEE them. To ransom them. To love them.
5. "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in Me and I in him, he will bear much fruit. Apart from Me you can do nothing.” John 15:5
6. These waiting children are so, so precious and cherished by our Lord. They are worthy of love, and worthy of a family.
7. Growing our family will not “take away” from our bio kids. It will not cause them to be deprived. Love is not available only in limited quantities. Love multiplies. Our bio kids will learn to love more deeply and will learn more about the Lord’s love by loving, and being loved, by their new brother.
8. "As the Father has loved Me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in His love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one that this, that he lay down his life for his friends.” John 15:9-13
9. Adoption is dear to the Lord’s heart. He is an adopting God. We are all adopted sons and daughters of God. We want to follow His example. If I am worthy of His love, then these little ones are certainly worthy of mine.
10. "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in My name. This is my command: Love each other.” John 15:16-17